World War III coming closer by the Minute !
US Announces ready for Invasion of Syria !
CNN reports this afternoon that the Pentagon has finalized plans to attack Syria and forcefully depose its leader, Bashar al-Assad, under the cover of securing weapons of mass destruction and preventing “sectarian violence” it has fomented by supporting and training the Free Syrian Army. “The U.S. military has completed its own planning for how American troops would conduct a variety of operations against Syria, or to assist neighboring countries in the event action was ordered, officials tell CNN.” CNN says the Pentagon has “finalized its assessment of what types of units would be needed, how many troops, and even the cost of certain potential operations.” “There is a sense that if the sectarian violence in Syria grows, it could be worse than what we saw in Iraq,” an unnamed Obama administration official told CNN.
Egyptian President to visit Iran for first time in over 30 years !
Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi is to attend a summit in Iran this month, state media reported on Saturday. It will be the first such visit since Cairo severed ties with Tehran more than three decades ago. The Non-Aligned Movement summit will take place in Tehran on August 30-31, during which Egypt is set to transfer the bloc’s rotating leadership to Iran.
*** This visit is a clear sign that the new Muslim Brotherhood president of Egypt supports Iran in it’s fight against Israel and the US !
Remaining UN observers begin leaving Syria
The last remaining UN observers are leaving Syria ahead of the expiration of their mission in the country on Sunday at midnight. The UN Security Council voted on Thursday to end the mission, since the observers failed to broker the cease-fire they were tasked with achieving. On Saturday, Lieutenant General Babacar Gaye, who heads the mission, acknowledged “some frustrations” at the failure to reduce violence in the country, now in its seventeenth month of bloody conflict. The 300 observers began to leave Syria back in June, as fighting between government and opposition forces intensified. The mission will be replaced with a liaison office of 20-30 staffers to support any future peace efforts.
*** A clear sign that serious trouble is on the way, as we know from the past … when the UN is leaving an area (Iraq, Servia, …) soon after the airstrikes start. They pull away UN observers so the enemy cannot take them as hostages.
Russian warships hold drills in Mediterranean
Russian warships have conducted a two-day military exercise in the Mediterranean, RIA Novosti reports citing the Russian Defense Ministry. Three large amphibious assault ships, two Neustrashimy class frigates, an Udaloy class destroyer, and two support ships from Russia’s Northern, Baltic and Black Sea Fleets took part in the drills. “In the past two days the task force held tactical exercises, which included firing drills involving on-board artillery and missile systems,” the ministry said on Friday. The warships will head to the Russian naval base of Novorossisk in the Black Sea and not to the Syrian port of Tartus, as some media had reported, RIA Novosti states.
*** Russia is also getting ready …
Syria’s Assad Threatens to Start World War III
In what is a sure sign that the Middle-East is a smouldering powder keg, it has been reported that the beleaguered Assad regime in Syria has started moving, consolidating and positioning chemical and biological weapons of mass destruction across Syria.
General Mustafa Sheikh, a senior Syrian military defector, has claimed, “The regime has started moving its chemical stockpile and redistributing it to prepare for its use,” citing recent rebel intelligence. “They are moving it from warehouses to new locations. They want to burn the country. The regime cannot fall without perpetrating a sea of blood.”
More dangerously, Syria is reported to have threatened to use its chemical and biological weapons in the event of a foreign attack, this being the country’s first acknowledgment of owning these weapons. Syrian Foreign Ministry spokesman, Jihad Makdissi, is reported to have clarified, “No chemical or biological weapons will ever be used, and I repeat, will never be used, during the crisis in Syria no matter what the developments inside Syria. All of these types of weapons are in storage and under security and the direct supervision of the Syrian armed forces and will never be used unless Syria is exposed to external aggression.”
- The World is at a dangerous crossroads.
- The shape of this planned naval deployment in the Eastern Mediterranean with US-NATO warships contiguous to those of Russia is unprecedented in recent history.
- History tells us that wars are often triggered unexpectedly as a result of “political mistakes” and human error. The latter are all the more likely within the realm of a divisive and corrupt political system in the US and Western Europe.
- US-NATO military planning is overseen by a centralised military hierarchy. Command and Control operations are in theory “coordinated” but in practice they are often marked by human error. Intelligence operatives often function independently and outside the realm of political accountability.
- Military planners are acutely aware of the dangers of escalation. Syria has significant air defense capabilities as well as ground forces. Syria has been building up its air defense system with the delivery of Russian Pantsir S1 air-defense missiles.
- Any form of US-NATO direct military intervention against Syria would destabilize the entire region, potentially leading to escalation over a vast geographical area, extending from the Eastern Mediterranean to the Afghanistan-Pakistan border with Tajikistan and China.
- Military planning involves intricate scenarios and war games by both sides including military options pertaining to advanced weapons systems. A Third World War scenario has been contemplated by US-NATO-Israeli military planners since early 2000.
- Escalation is an integral part of the military agenda. War preparations to attack Syria and Iran have been in an “advanced state of readiness” for several years.
- We are dealing with complex political and strategic decision-making involving the interplay of powerful economic interest groups, the actions of covert intelligence operatives.
- The role of war propaganda is paramount not only in moulding public opinion into accepting a war agenda, but also in establishing a consensus within the upper echelons of the decision-making process. A selective form of war propaganda intended for “Top Officials” (TOPOFF) in government agencies, intelligence, the Military, law enforcement, etc. is intended to create an unbending consensus in favor of War and the Police State.
- For the war project to go ahead, it is essential that both politicians and military planners are rightfully committed to leading the war “in the name of justice and democracy”. For this to occur, they must firmly believe in their own propaganda, namely that war is “an instrument of peace and democracy”.
- They have no concern for the devastating impacts of advanced weapons systems, routinely categorized as “collateral damage”, let alone the meaning and significance of pre-emptive warfare, using nuclear weapons.
- Wars are invariably decided upon by civilian leaders and interest groups rather than by the military. War serves dominant economic interests which operate from behind the scenes, behind closed doors in corporate boardrooms, in the Washington think tanks, etc.
- Realities are turned upside down. War is peace. The Lie becomes the Truth.
- War propaganda, namely media lies, constitutes the most powerful instrument of warfare.
- Without media disinformation, the US-NATO led war agenda would collapse like a deck of cards. The legitimacy of the war criminals in high office would be broken.
- It is therefore essential to disarm not only the mainstream media but also a segment of the self proclaimed “progressive” alternative media, which has provided legitimacy to NATO’s “Responsibility to protect” (R2P) mandate, largely with a view to dismantling the antiwar movement.
- The road to Tehran goes through Damascus. A US-NATO sponsored war on Iran would involve, as a first step, the destabilization of Syria as a nation state. Military planning pertaining to Syria is an integral part of the war on Iran agenda.
- A war on Syria could evolve towards a US-NATO military campaign directed against Iran, in which Turkey and Israel would be directly involved.
- It is crucial to spread the word and break the channels of media disinformation.
- A critical and unbiased understanding of what is happening in Syria is of crucial importance in reversing the tide of military escalation towards a broader regional war.
- Our objective is ultimately to dismantle the US-NATO-Israeli military arsenal and restore World Peace.
- It is essential that people in the UK, France and the US prevent “the late Summer” naval WMD deployment to the Eastern Mediterraean from occurring.
- The British Ministry of Defense has announced that several British warships are required “to ensure the security” of the Olympic Games. HMS Bulwark is stationed in Weymouth Bay for the duration of the games. HMS Illustrious is “currently sitting on the Thames in central London”. The deployment of British warships including HMS Bulwark and HMS Illustrious to the Middle East is envisaged “after” the Olympic Games.